Problem: Some shipping platforms only provide you with a full-page (8.5″ x 11″) document. Frequently, they use half of the page for the shipping label and the other half for receipt or packing slip. While there are many ways to split this page into a 4″ x 6″ label size. Below is our usual solution.
Solution for Mac: (click this link for video tutorial)
- Save your label as a PDF file
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Go to “Edit” -> “Take a Snapshot”
- Drag the box over your label, then right click on it and select “Print”.
- Select Printer -> Click “Page Setup…” -> Select Printer from “Format For: ” -> Select label size ”4*6“ from “Paper Size:“
- If the size you need is not listed, then click “Manage Custom Sizes” -> input width, height and rename the size, then click “OK”
- Click “Printer…” -> “Show Details” -> Select “Printer Features” in “Preview”.
- You can set up printer properties, such as “Media Tracking”, “Darkness” and “Print speed”. (Larger number means higher Darkness)
- Preview, check the print size and Orientation. If preview looks good, click “Print”.